Join Amy, an experienced child photographer and mom of three, as she walks you through the basic functions of your DSLR and teaches you how to use it for the powerful memory-capturing tool that it is! Amy’s clear and humorous teaching style will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to take fantastic shots of your children… and create memories that will last for generations to come!
Your DSLR: the Basics is the first of a two-part seminar, preceding Your DSLR: Beyond the Basics. Weekend DSLR classes are taught back-to-back so you can easily attend both on the same day.
This class consists of three sections, comprising the following topics:
- How to turn on your camera (just kidding!)
- Understanding and navigating the info screen
- What those letters on the dial mean (and which ones to use when!)
- Understanding aperture & shutter speed
- Picture quality settings
- Getting the perfect exposure
- Setting your depth of field for a single subject
- How and where to photograph your kids (indoors and outdoors)
- Finding and using even lighting
- Using catch lights
- Getting that beautiful blurry background
- Kissing those cheesy smiles goodbye
- How to capture your kids in action (and why that’s the best way to do it!)
- And more!
Participants should bring their camera (DSLR or DSLR hybrid), camera manual, and any additional lenses or flashes they’ve purchased.
All participants will receive an illustrated workbook!
Duration: 2 hours
Lemont IL Classes
Amy’s Studio in Lemont
106 Stephen St, Ste 203
Lemont, IL 60439
Also register for Your DSLR: Beyond the Basics!