Private classes with Amy are available on Fridays, December – July. She is not available August – November due to her heavy load of photo sessions during these months. Private classes are unique opportunities for you to set your own curriculum, tailor-made to what you would like to learn. Private classes aren’t limited to any one subject, but may include:
- Finding beautiful light in any situation
- Creating background blur
- Nailing specific focus every time
- Understanding the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, and iso
- Interacting with subjects for authentic expressions
- Editing in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements (color correction, use of actions, smoothing skin, how to make your images “pop”, etc.
- Equipment recommendations
- Tips on running a photography business
- Any other photography-related topic – nothing is off-limits!
1 participant – $150 / hour
2 participants – $100 each / hour
3 participants – $75 each / hour
4 participants – $60 each / hour
5 or more participants – $50 each / hour
Models: Any private class lasting two hours or longer can include a model for an additional $50. Models’ ages are up to you, and they can be recruited by Amy, or you can select one of your own.
Scheduling: Private classes are available on Fridays during the day or in the evening from December through July.
Location: Private classes are typically held at Amy’s photography studio in Lemont. In some instances it is possible to use your own location if you prefer.
To request more info or to schedule a private class, please complete and submit this form: