The next generation of professional photography is here.
If you aren’t currently offering basic camera classes to your clients and community members, you can be sure that the photographers in your area who are will be steadily winning the respect and loyalty of your future customers.
Many families own DSLR’s, but most will readily admit that they aren’t using them to their full potential. Position yourself as a true professional by teaching basic camera skills to hundreds of local parents and potential clients.
The Sweet Shots DSLR curriculum has been taught to more than fifteen hundred parents over the past six years, and is now available to photographers everywhere as an all-inclusive Instructor’s Pack. The package includes the full curriculum and preparatory materials, including the instructor’s guide, class slideshow, student workbooks, pre-class survey, and support group. This off-the-shelf solution empowers you to provide DSLR classes to local parents with maximum confidence and minimal preparation. The Instructor Pack is a curriculum, similar to that used in school or academic settings. IT IS NOW FULLY EDITABLE.
The full Sweet Shots curriculum is broken into two separate courses: Level I and Level II. Purchase each course separately, or bundle them together and save.
In addition to positioning yourself as a local authority on photography,
these classes will bring value to your business in the following ways:
- Teaching photography classes allows you to interact with current clients outside of photography sessions, solidifying your relationship and building trust and loyalty.
- Photography classes serve as a powerful entry-point for potential clients. Many class participants return for a photography session based on a newfound comfort level and appreciation for your personality and proficiency.
- Teaching photography classes can significantly increase your income. We suggest pricing each class at $99. Fill a class of ten and you’ll have covered the cost of the full curriculum with change to spare! Any and all classes you choose to teach after your first class becomes pure profit.
- Incorporating photography classes into your monthly calendar can ease your session load. Not only are these classes a fun and interesting diversion from your standard routine, they also require minimal follow-up work as opposed to the editing, posting, and communication following photo sessions.
As an experienced photographer and educator, Amy Tripple’s Sweet Shots curriculum offers parents crystal-clear explanations of DSLR basics, specific settings for successfully capturing children, essential lighting techniques, and practical tips for drawing out beautiful, impactful images time and time again.
Created with the professional photographer in mind, The Sweet Shots Instructor Pack comes with everything you’ll need to confidently and successfully present an unparalleled photography class to parents in your community.
The Sweet Shots Instructor Pack includes:
- A fully-illustrated & professionally-designed slideshow to guide you and your students through the photography topics covered in each class. The slideshow is given in multiple formats for ease of use, including PowerPoint and Keynote.
- A professionally-designed printable student workbook with designated space to add your personal logo, bio image, welcome text, and business information. The 8.5″ x 11″ workbook is created to integrate fully with the corresponding slideshow.
- A clear, easy-to-follow instructor outline, complete with prompts, tips, and an easy to follow word-for-word outline, which seamlessly corresponds to the included slideshow.
- Sample marketing materials, including pre-written email templates and social media ads.
- A document providing suggested class locations and recommended printing resources.
- Pre-written email templates for corresponding with your students.
- A camera models guide allowing you to quickly and easily provide assistance to your students, regardless of the camera model they are using.
The Sweet Shots Level I curriculum covers the following photography concepts:
- Important camera elements
- Aperture (and aperture-priority mode)
- Depth of field
- Shutter speed
- Focal length
- The importance of prime lenses
- Focus modes
- Basic lighting techniques
- Basic composition techniques
The Sweet Shots Level II curriculum covers the following photography concepts:
- Drive modes
- Focus area (auto v. single-point)
- White balance
- Intermediate lighting techniques
- Intermediate composition techniques
- Posing siblings
- Employing various perspectives
A few frequently asked questions (FAQs):
- Is this a template / are the files editable?
YES! The curriculum includes editable versions of all course materials so you can make them your own.
- Is this a web / online / video-based course?
No, these are in-person workshops that you will teach in your local community to parents. We provide all the materials you will need to succeed, including printable instructor outline and student workbook, slideshow presentation to illustrate the material being covered, email templates for pre- and post-class communication, etc.
- Is this a job / am I being hired for something?
No, this is an opportunity for you to purchase our curriculum to use on your own. We provide the option in the front the student workbook to insert your own logo, bio, and self portrait to introduce yourself to the class, as well as editable versions of all materials for you to make them your own.
- How do I access the course materials?
Once you complete your purchase, you will be directed to your order page, where you will find a download link to a zip file containing all Instructor Pack materials. Additionally, you will receive an email indicating your order is complete, which will also include a link to download the zip file. Finally, if you choose to create an account with us, you will always have the option to re-download the zip file by logging into the Account section of our website.
- Will I receive one-on-one support/mentoring?
No, but we are available for troubleshooting and answering questions about how to use the curriculum. Private one-on-one mentoring is available for $150 / hour. Please use the contact form if you are interested in private mentoring.
- What software do I need?
You will need current versions of Adobe Reader, either Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, either Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote, and a Google account to fully use all materials. A Mailchimp account is recommended for marketing and pre- and post- class communication, but not required. We cannot provide support for any outdated software.
- Do you offer refunds?
We fully guarantee our product and will gladly provide a full refund within 15 days of your purchase, pending receipt of a signed document from you indicating you have deleted all files and have not conducted any classes. After the 15-day grace period we are unable to provide any refunds.